Great Barrier Reef - Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aehdiver

Reaction score
I came upon a unique liveaboard on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia that does 6days/6nights dive trips
out of Port Douglas, just north of Cairns. The boat is the UnderSea Explorer - http://www.underseaexplorer.com
They go to places on the Great Barrier Reef that only one other boat goes to. I am looking at the dates of July 20-26, 2002.
The rate for the liveaboard will be under $1300.00 if the US / Australia exchange rates stay at or near what they are now.
You will need to add airfare from the states and a few nights of overnight stays in Sydney and you have once in a lifetime trip
Extended stays in Australia can be added to the trip. With July being the off season for Australia, airfares will be significantly less than high season rates.
If you are interested please let me know. If you know of anyone who may be interested pass the word. If I get enough interest for a group (minimum 10) I can work up a trip at a great group rate. Their website is packed full of
information on there trips and all the dive sites they go to.

Check out my website http://www.zdive.com to see trips I have run for our central Illinois scuba club since 1997.

Coral Sea Adventures (name of trip)
6 days & 6 nights 20 - 22 dives

This diving expedition is designed to encompass an incredible range of reef diving, visiting some of Australia's most amazing coral reefs. Join the Undersea Explorer for a dive trip to the Ribbon Reefs of the Great Barrier Reef and then journey far out into the Coral
Sea; destination "Osprey Reef".
This is one of the worlds awesome sea mounts rising 1000 mtrs from the ocean floor.

"Great diving on the Great Barrier Reef is not necessarily intuitive. The visiting diver needs a good guide and there is none better than the Undersea Explorer. Not only do they
consistently achieve the best and most varied diving in Queensland, but their educational programs turn a diving
holiday into a learning experience.
The Undersea Explorer staff is competent, friendly and accommodating, leaving each passenger with the feeling
that they've not only experienced the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, but that they've made a friendship with
Australia itself. No wonder I find myself returning again and again and again..."
-- Douglas David Seifert. Contributing Editor, DIVE MAGAZINE (UK). Chairman, Tiny Bubbles Expeditions, Inc.

Incredible Visibility
Abundant Sharks and rays
Massive Gorgonians and soft corals
Black Water hangs - night plankton dives
Big Pelagic Action
Beautiful Coral Gardens
Unique Photo Opportunities
The Famous Cod Hole

The Cod Hole is situated north past Cooktown and almost opposite Lizard Island.
The Cod is part of the Great Barrier Reef and located approximately 200 nautical miles from Cairns.
The Cod Hole is a reef that got its name from the large potato cods that frequent it.
The potato Cods grow to a massive 600 pounds and during the Cod feedings it is not uncommon to be surrounded by more then ten of these beautiful creatures. The Cod Hole is one of the few places in the world where giant potato cods are hand fed.

Osprey Reef is an isolated seamount in the Coral Sea off the northern Great Barrier Reef, Australia.
A wide variety of shark species can be encountered during an expedition to Osprey Reef. Resident sharks are
the whitetip reef, grey reef, silvertip and scalloped hammerheads, while occasional encounters with whale sharks,
thresher, tiger, oceanic whitetip, leopard and great hammerhead sharks occur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom