SB Invade the Rock 2010... when and where.....

Aussie Invasion 2010 - when and where

• lets repeat - SWR in early March!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • SWR again but a different month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • somewhere in Queensland (ie, HMAS brisbane or Straddie)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • somewhere cold (ie, Tassie or Sth Aust)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • somewhere on the west coast (ie, West Aust)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
as the '09 Invasion was such a success so lets start planning next year!

i would be very happy for a return to SWR and it seems early march is THE time to go, so i vote for SWR early march 2010

so lets discuss to see what we can set up :bounce2:

cheers

March sounds fine by me.

As for where, hhmm, I wouldn't mind if the next Invade the Rock was held in: Southwest Rocks, NSW; Ningaloo Reef, WA; Lady Elliot, QLD; on a Coral Sea Liveaboard, QLD; Eaglehawk/Tasman Peninsula, TAS; Bicheno/Bay of Fires, TAS; Margret River/Albany/HMS Swan, WA (you'll have a hard time pulling me away from the vineyards though); All the wreaks in Melbourne, VIC; Wilsons Prom, VIC; Byron Bay, NSW; King Island, TAS (if only for the cheese); Poor Knights, NZ (can't forget our NZ brethren, eh bro?); Mikal Lematov wreak, NZ; Milford Sound, NZ; Truk Lagoon, Micronesia; President Coolidge, Vanuatu; a nice bit o'reef, Fiji; WW11 wreaks, Darwin; Great White Shark Dives, SA; whatevers good, New Caladonia; Iron Bottom Sound, Solomon Islands; PNG liveaboard; East Timor; Rajat Ampat, Indonesia; Lembeh, Indonesia; Palau, Truk Lagoon, Micronesia (yes I know i've posted it twice); Bikini Atoll; Scapa Flow, Scotland (I admit it's a little bit out of our way, but would be worth it for the single malts); Hawaii (oh dear, I'm starting to drift aren't I?), Truk Lagoon, Micronesia (see, I've posted it a third time now); Lion City, China; Victoria Island, Canada; the Great Lakes, Canada/USA, cave country, Florida................

I hope that helps. :D

Hey! .. I didn't see SoCal on that list, Tassie

:wink:

The planning, and looking forward to the trip and people .. is half the fun :D
... wish I could go , I hear there's mermaids in OZ :)
*Sigh* ... maybe someday

Hey! .. I didn't see SoCal on that list, Tassie

:wink:

The planning, and looking forward to the trip and people .. is half the fun :D
... wish I could go , I hear there's mermaids in OZ :)
*Sigh* ... maybe someday

Hmm ... So you want the Aussies to Invade the US DB :confused::confused::confused: I think we would get our backsides wiped :wink::wink:

I will go with the flow ... just thought it would be a good idea to start this as a few people from OS have said they would like to attend, consequently they need a fair bit more forward warning of when and where.

Hey, don't worry , It's Southern California ...... they'll let anyone in :laughing: :wink:

I didn't vote, but I'll say that if the diving was fun at SWR and the facilities were good, then have it there again .. I think SB diving get togethers are as much aboot the people as the diving

March sounds fine by me.

As for where, hhmm, I wouldn't mind if the next Invade the Rock was held in: Southwest Rocks, NSW; Ningaloo Reef, WA; Lady Elliot, QLD; on a Coral Sea Liveaboard, QLD; Eaglehawk/Tasman Peninsula, TAS; Bicheno/Bay of Fires, TAS; Margret River/Albany/HMS Swan, WA (you'll have a hard time pulling me away from the vineyards though); All the wreaks in Melbourne, VIC; Wilsons Prom, VIC; Byron Bay, NSW; King Island, TAS (if only for the cheese); Poor Knights, NZ (can't forget our NZ brethren, eh bro?); Mikal Lematov wreak, NZ; Milford Sound, NZ; Truk Lagoon, Micronesia; President Coolidge, Vanuatu; a nice bit o'reef, Fiji; WW11 wreaks, Darwin; Great White Shark Dives, SA; whatevers good, New Caladonia; Iron Bottom Sound, Solomon Islands; PNG liveaboard; East Timor; Rajat Ampat, Indonesia; Lembeh, Indonesia; Palau, Truk Lagoon, Micronesia (yes I know i've posted it twice); Bikini Atoll; Scapa Flow, Scotland (I admit it's a little bit out of our way, but would be worth it for the single malts); Hawaii (oh dear, I'm starting to drift aren't I?), Truk Lagoon, Micronesia (see, I've posted it a third time now); Lion City, China; Victoria Island, Canada; the Great Lakes, Canada/USA, cave country, Florida................

I hope that helps. :D

You are not fussy are you.....

:D

NSW School Holidays 2010

Autumn Holidays Friday, 02 April - Friday, 16 April

Winter Holidays Monday, 05 July - Friday, 16 July

Spring Holidays Monday, 27 Sept - Friday, 08 Oct

Summer Holidays Monday, 20 Dec - Wednesday, 26 Jan

NSW Public Holidays 2010

New Year Day Friday, 1 January
Australia Day Tuesday, 26 January
Good Friday Friday, 2 April
Easter Saturday Saturday, 3 April
Easter Monday Monday, 5 April
Anzac Day Monday, 26 April
Queen's Birthday *Monday, 14 June
**Bank Holiday Monday, 2 August
Labour Day *Monday, 4 October
Christmas Day Saturday, 25 December
Boxing Day Monday, 27 December

I voted for same place same time however I would also be happy with anything on Tassie's list :) Well anywhere really!

for me, why i voted same time, same place... for us east coasters it seemed to be a easy option to get to and if there are any visiting US people they could easily swing the trip into their plans

although i would LOVE to do a WA trip, for us - the cost means its cheaper for us to fly OS to see whale sharks

:D

cheers :bounce2:

Phil and I are in and would like to book our flights by July/August.

Have we decided on dates yet??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom