Diversity - GBR - Port Douglas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cemkur

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from anyone who has been to Diversity liveboard trips? I'll be on a trip with Diversity next month.

thanks

cemkur

Diversety in OCT great boat a little cramped in the dinning area.
If your going to Osprey reef the diving is great but I was disapointed in the type of diving, follow the DM and it seemed like the objective was to cover as much ground as possible. Another member of the board "caymaniac" did it just before me and was given the opportunity to do some dives without a DM. ( we got one ). Crew were good on the boat and can get you back to the boat ok but dont expect any more than that. From what I understand the crew changes frequently and it depends who you get.
Water temp 78-79 all dive
See thread PNG coral sea Gbr just got back

cemkur,
We had 6 divers and 5 crew and 1 guest (the guest was twin to female DM). The Coral Sea was quite calm while we were on board, in fact two days it was like a mirror. You could easily see dolphins and whales surfacing from great distances away because it was so calm.
Osprey Reef was the best diving as well as the GBR near Lizard Island. The water was 81 at North Horn, 77 on Agincourt.
Having just 6 divers on board, it wasn't cramped at all. Suzi the chef really did a great job with the meals. It was hard to sleep the first night, the anticipation was excrutiating.
My favorite dive was on Shark Reef, seldom visited - only when conditions will bear. Water viz was at best 80ft., the farther south we went 50ft.
If it wasn't so far to Australia, we'd go back, 24 hours in a plane is along ways!
Got more questions :confused:

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :D

Thanks guys, this really helps, I am very excited. I'll share my experience with you when I get back.

cemkur

Back
Top Bottom