East Coast Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike.D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
G'day everyone,

So due to work requirements I have to be in Sydney for two weeks later on this month. This means one thing: East Coast Scuba trip!!

I'm thinking of driving down from Brissy to Sydney and diving some spots on the list, and diving the rest of them on the way home. Each trip split over 2/3 days? I'll also have one weekend free to dive locally in Sydney. (Plus most afternoons/nights)

Here's where I plan to dive.

Jervis Bay
Sydney
Terrigal (HMAS Adelaide-any good?)
Forster
South West Rocks
Byron

I'm looking for suggestions/advice/additions to this list and hopefully to finally meet some of you scuba-boarders down in Sydney!

Cheers as always

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would dive Coffs Harbour instead of Forster. Unless you go on a weekend, I think it would be hard to get a dive at Jervis Bay and Forster (things have changed in the past 10 years - used to be dives everyday there).

Hhmm will take that into consideration thanks.

By the way that is a fantastic trip you've got planned!!! Definitely rivals a Great Barrier Reef trip. I'm jealous have been wanting to do the same. Have fun!

Awesome thanks meggie ill have a read of that thread tonight. Just got back from Big Cat Reality Liveaboard diving flinders reef all weekend in 30m+ vis and the most beautiful conditions I've ever dived in!!!!!!! Unreal!!!

I'm not jealous of your Flinder's Reef dives at all . . . honestly . . . I always look this green :)

+1 for Nelson Bay.

Just come back from there for a weekend of diving. Nudi's, seahorses, blue ringed octopuses on the Pipeline shore dive.

Grey nurse and Port Jackson sharks on a boat dive at Broughton Island.

Hey everyone,

So I've consolidated my road trip dive list as follows:

St Michael's cave, Avalon
Skillion cave, Terrigal
Fraser Park Sea Caves
Cod Grounds, Camden Haven
Fish Rock, South West Rocks
Julian Rock (I'm hoping Windara Banks), Byron Bay

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in Sydney!!

Cheers!

Mike

P.S Watch this space for my attempt at underwater photography.

Back
Top Bottom