Diving in Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patoux01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

I'm quite new to Sydney (and to diving). Even though I'm supposed to study here, I'd like to do quite some diving. I've just done my AOW and I'm currently living in Coogee. I've heard of quite a few of the "good places" (shark point, magic point, etc etc) but I've got a bit of trouble: I don't have a car nor a buddy.
Travelling by bus means taking a whole day to go spend 30 minutes underwater, and carrying roughly 20kg of gear + the trolley for the tank. Did that once to get to Gordon's Bay, I'd rather not do it again.
So does anyone have a way to go diving in an affordable way leaving from coogee? There is the local shop, but they don't seem to play the taxi role when doing shore dives, and I prefer not having a schedule when going diving.

I'm also looking for a buddy, I'm not experienced so the first dives would probably be shallow and working on technical aspects (trim etc) especially since I'm just beginning in sidemount diving (proud owner of a stealth, heard they're quite rare here). If that buddy could have a car to get us to the dive spots, that'd be perfect! Obviously I'd pay for half the ride :wink:

Cheers
Patrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom