Is there diving near Melbourne?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tressamb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking of taking a Christmas trip to Australia and Melborne is on the list.....is there diving? I can't go to Australia and not get in the water!

Yes, there are a few shops in the Melbourne area. Academy of Scuba and Scuba Culture are the ones that spring to mind - I say this having spent lots of time researching and having replies back from both of these companies. Unfortunately though, it just didn't work out timing wise during my trip. From what I understand there is a decent wreck, and lots of shallow diving with the change of blue ringed octopus, among other things.

happy researching :)

I think a lot of that is because its a users forum - people post up the sites they have dived, its not about dive operators its about dive sites specifically.

I was tempted to post no good diving in Melbourne as I don't want to share.

There is over 100 dive sites within a 90 minutes drive of Melbourne.

There is one main boat dive op out of Melbourne call Dive Victoria. They can get very busy over summer. You would need to book, Dives are not normally guided with them but sites are not crowded as they manage sites well.

I would recommend contacting Academy of scuba, they run a wide variety of guided dives both shore and boat.

I could type for hours describing Melbourne diving but to hard on a smart phone, if you need any info pm me and will only be too happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heaps of great diving in Melbourne and many many dive shops (Aquatic Adventures is a good one and they run regular guided club dives and I am sure they would be happy to accommodate you). Dive Victoria also have a good website that describes many of the sites they visit so have a look there to see if any appeal. Their website is:http://www.divevictoria.com.au
Cheers
Larry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thinking of taking a Christmas trip to Australia and Melborne is on the list.....is there diving? I can't go to Australia and not get in the water!

There's a fair bit of diving around Port Phillip Bay. It's not very warm though. I don't think water gets above about 18 degrees C in summer. Then again, I'm a wuss!

Some of the best Pier diving going and just about guarantee of Weedies at some of them. Great value shore dives that way. Don't even need a guide.. just follow the pier!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom