Questions on: Valve; Wet suit; Dive Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edzville

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!
I'm moving to Australia in the next few months to and I plan to bring all my scuba gears. I have a few questions and would really appreciate any insight:
1.) Would you recommend that I bring a yoke valve regulator or a DIN valve regulator? What type of tanks are commonly available in diving resorts / operators in Australia?
2.) I'm from the Philippines, so I'm used to warm water diving, and for the coldest time of the year in the tropics, i've only worn a 3.5mm wet suit. What is the average water temp during summer season? Should i bring a 5mm wetsuit or do i need to invest in a dry suit?
3.) I will be based in Canberra, however, i plan to go to other locations around Australia for diving. Are there dive clubs based in Canberra but also organizes trips to good diving locations in Australia?

Thank you very much in advance! :)

1) depends where you dive but you will always find yoke. So that would be the safer option
2). Depends where you dive. If far north Queensland 3.5m would be fine year round probably. Temps in Australia vary from about 10-30. 10 for the southern states in winter, 30 or more in northern qld in the summer. Hint: don't just stick to qld. I love melbourne. Nsw divng is amazing!! And you are close to there (well relatively speaking)
3) can't help you there but I would expect so.

Enjoy your time here!

Thank you very much for responding to my questions, I really appreciate it. I will definitely visit various places around Australia for diving. Thanks once again! =)

Back
Top Bottom