Many Active Victorians or Aussies on the forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farkurnell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Since I'm just getting back into diving after years of recovering from bike accident - (hit n run)

... just wondering if there are any others from round Langwarrin area on the forum??

---------- Post added January 29th, 2015 at 12:26 PM ----------

Or any active Victorians at all

Hey mate,

Just around the corner in Chelsea. I get out fairly often even if its just under one of the piers down the peninsula.

Cheers and dive safe

Nathan

Active on the forum or active diving??? ... actually not a great many in either category :)

Yea I had that thought there weren't many actives on here... LOL

hey Nathan, once I get a few more under my belt I'll feel better :) might hook up... What shop do you use? Im going through the dive shop in Frankston, they seem pretty good.

Thanks for all the fish - I assume you haven't dived in melbourne over the last 10 years? It's way too active - I vote less divers :). Or just stick to winter diving when it quite a down.

there really is a huge diving community in melbourne. Not many active on this forum that I'm aware of. Melbourne diving is so wonderful that they don't need to research to go other places ��. It actually really is amazing though. Just cold in winter.

the dive shop in Franga is fantastic! You can't go wrong there. I'd suggest popping in to one of their club nights and meet some fellow divers. It's on the last Thursday of every month from about 630. They put on food and a beer, have a chat or have presentations on diving, locations, wrecks, etc. You will meet heaps through the dive shops.

Hey mate,
My LDS is Ocean Divers in Bentleigh, I cant speak highly enough of them. (Not suggesting there is anything wrong with the shop you go to). Ive also been to scuba doctor (dive shop) in rye and they were great too.

Mate feel free to contact me anytime for a dive. even if its just to get your feet back in the water im always happy to chew a tank and run thru some skills. im honestly just happy being underwater. South road bombies is a good place to refresh your skills. Not too many people there, no pylons to bump into and only about 15 min from the dive shop.

no ego here so happy to dive with anyone

Dive safe

Nath

Reactions: MA
Another local diver here, and another thumbs up for Diveline in Frankston.
I get out most weekends. Often just a shore dive, but I jump on the boats every chance I get.

Diveline runs shore dives every Saturday morning, night dives every second Saturday, and boat dives whenever they also have a course on. So if you don't have a regular dive partner they're a great option to get diving and meet people. Courtesy of their club dives I now have plenty of friends keen to go diving whenever the opportunity arises.

The club dives can get a bit repetitive though (Flinders, Blair, Flinders, Blair, Blair, Blair, Rye), so it's handy to have friends interested in going to other places.

lol.. I've never dived Melbourne, Im actually from Sydney and did all my diving up there. I'll be happy to do Flinders, Blair, Flinders, Blair, Blair, Blair, Rye :wink:

So waiting till tomorrow when I do my refresher course... Just need to figure out where I stand being NAUI in a PADI world... lol...

Yea after tomorrow I'll see how we go and if its all good, then I'll come down to the social night and see what its about.

I was wiped out a few years ago on the bike and unsure how I'll go.. but the blokes at Dive line couldn't have been more supportive... So they got my business if all goes well..

out_r_calf.jpg

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2015 at 06:19 PM ----------

ok - 5mm or 7mm suit??? I keep getting told different things....

Last edited:
I vote 7mm or drysuit over winter.

many do dive in 5mm over summer. I tried that a few times ��. But I do feel the cold. Water temps at the moment are about 19/20.

good luck tomorrow! The boys will look after you.

MA:
I vote 7mm or drysuit over winter.

many do dive in 5mm over summer. I tried that a few times ��. But I do feel the cold. Water temps at the moment are about 19/20.

good luck tomorrow! The boys will look after you.

Yea meant 7mm... went to see some place in Hallam, as I was looking at a custom made, with a longer zip in the leg, and their price for a total custom was surprisingly good.. but he mentioned 5mm was good...
will see how I go with the 'loaner' suit tomorrow.
Gawd scared to think how much weight I'll need to sink my fat arse down these days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom