Sydney Dive Academy in Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patoux01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks,

Just a quick message here to show an unfortunate video of this dive shop. When confronted with this video, all I got is my post deleted from their facebook group and banned, without any message. I take that as enough proof...
Hoping they get here to reply, as they won't be able to shoot this thread down anyway.

[video=vimeo;70886710]https://vimeo.com/70886710[/video]

---------- Post added May 7th, 2015 at 11:17 AM ----------

Meh, video got shot down. Here goes again

Last edited by a moderator:
They uploaded it themselves, people then downloaded the video to keep proof of it. It has since been reuploaded to vimeo (the video I posted initially), and removed of Vimeo surprisingly quickly after I posted this here (and to their facebook, which got me banned). But, obviously, I wasn't going to take the risk of losing the video and downloaded it yesterday night before posting here, because I just happened to have stumbled across a screenshot where they had lodged a complaint at youtube for copyright infringement (and actually managed to get it removed, while the video had been published without any copyright initially)

Needless to say, this video won't be lost :)

So where did Sydney dive academy originally upload the video too? What is your relationship with the dive store? I have emailed them to ask to comment on this thread.

I hope they get here, seeing they just kicked me and banned me off their facebook page, and didn't bother replying to my PM on fb where I gave them a link to this thread.
I have no relation with any dive shop. Not sure it's relevant to say where I've been a customer, but these dive shops in sydney I've had some interaction with: Southern cross divers, dive center bondi, pro dive coogee, snorkel safari matraville, abyss, ...

They had uploaded it to youtube and their own blog (both looking shiny clean now, obviously)

---------- Post added May 8th, 2015 at 02:25 PM ----------

According to PADI, this story has been dealt with in the right way since it happened (a year ago I think now?)
I guess the mods could then lock this thread, although I'm quite wondering when and where anything has been "dealt with" since the shop still runs courses without any issue... I guess it's good to know the past of the shops you might visit.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom