Scuba Diving Great Barrier Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Jones

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Need information on Diving the Great Barrier Reef.
My name is Andrew and I am a Cairns Local that offers Independant advice on all aspects of Accommodation, Diving and general tourist information for, Cairns, Yongalla, Whitsundays and Frazer island. Love to help

Andrew Jones:
Need information on Diving the Great Barrier Reef.
My name is Andrew and I am a Cairns Local that offers Independant advice on all aspects of Accommodation, Diving and general tourist information for, Cairns, Yongalla, Whitsundays and Frazer island. Love to help

Hi Andrew, what sort of diving is there at the Whitsundays?

Is it mostly from a boat, or some shore diving?

I'm on the Gold Coast and thinking of going up to the Whitsundays for a holiday.

JulieannevZ:
Hi Andrew, what sort of diving is there at the Whitsundays?

Is it mostly from a boat, or some shore diving?

I'm on the Gold Coast and thinking of going up to the Whitsundays for a holiday.

Hi Julieanne, just thought i would let you know i went with Reefjet last April, great bunch and great experience. Dived off of Hook island, due to the fact it was to rough to get out to the outer reefs..Visibility was about 6-8 metres, water was warm though.
Seem to be quite a few companies out of Airlie/cannonvale, such as Prodive, reefdive, reef safari etc.

Thanks

Jim

We will be on a sailboat in the Whitsundays from March 22 - 29. Is it possible to dive on your own or do you need to reserve with a dive operator? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you have a buddy to dive with and someone on the boat whilst you are both in the water then it should be OK. I imagine you have your own equipment.

Regards
Carmen

Back
Top Bottom