Need 6 days in Freeport for 6 people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We will be in Freeport, Bahamas on June 11 till June 17. Do you know a good place to stay for 6 people (5 adults, and 1 kid).

Walking distance to town and restaurant would be nice, somewhere where diveshops would pick up. Not planning to drive on the left side of the street.

We always stay at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort. It's a very nice place with helpful and freindly staff.

Grand Bahama Scuba Is on site at Ocean Reef. The boat is a short walk from your room. Gear is stored right next to the dock. Fred and Melinda go out of their way to see that you have safe and enjoyable dives

Port Lucaya and Freeport, are a short Bus ride away. The bus is $1. We've walked to Port Lucaya too.
There is a restaurant on site at ORYC. You can also buy groceries and cook in your unit.

Just got back from Freeport yesterday 5 days and 11 dives with Grand Bahama Scuba. We stayed at Taino Beach resort .The condos are spacious and with a water slide grotto bar and a beautiful beach to watch the sunrise There is a 5 minute ferry ride that leaves on the hour to Port Lucaya from Taino the fair is 2.50$ round trip.The Sheraton and Westin are on the beach right across the street from Port Lucaya . I highly reccomend Grand Bahama Scuba ,Fred and Melinda are extremely accommodating and knowledgable team. On the last two days my girlfriend and I had the whole boat to ourselves . And with a few tips from Fred I was able to get an hour out of an AL 80 and that was a 70 foot dive.

We're staying at Taino Beach resort next week for a last minute trip. Any new info here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom