Current Water Temperature Around San Salvador?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Would anyone happen to have an idea what the current water temperature is around San Salvador Island? The head instructor of my LDS is leading a group there & has been trying to find out; it has been proving to be quite difficult. Thanks a million!:D

Would anyone happen to have an idea what the current water temperature is around San Salvador Island? The head instructor of my LDS is leading a group there & has been trying to find out; it has been proving to be quite difficult. Thanks a million!:D

Right now it's drifting between 73 and 76 depending on how long ago the last front passed.

Are they headed to Riding Rock Inn??

Yes, they are. The head instructor checked RRI's web site & saw it hadn't been updated in a little while, so he called the resort directly. After a bit of hemming & hawing, they finally admitted that they hadn't had anyone in the water in the last 2-3 weeks & didn't have an up- to- date temperature reading. I was just asking in case someone had been in the area recently (last week or 2). We've tried checking online, a couple of different ways without much success. They are trying to determine what & how exposure protection to take.

Well, big shake up at Club Med, too. Almost all new dive staff and chiefs. Anyway, currently about 76, down from 81-82 in late Oct. That 73-76 seems pretty safe.

Sounds like 5 mil to me. I dove there last Jan and was glad I had a 5, and I still got chilled later in the week. Started wearing a full hood on the night dives and that made a huge difference for me.
Better to have it and not need it.

Bruce

What's up with RRI? You reported that they said they haven't had divers in the water for 2-3 weeks?? Are there no divers staying there, or are they not running trips? I'm considering a week there in May and am concerned.
DMdoogie

Back
Top Bottom