Local Dive Shop In Freeport and Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Going on a Carnival Cruise in Sept. It stops in Nassau and Freeport. I'd love to go diving in 1 or both of those locations. The only excursion offered by the cruise $145 own gear ($175 without gear) in Freeport. Anyone know of any local dive shops in either of those locations that is cheaper? Hate to give those bloodsuckers at Carnival anymore money....

Stuart Cove's will pick you up, no additional charge, in Nassau for less than those rates.

Stuart Cove's is the cruise operator. Stuart Cove's Cruise Ships Shark Cage Diving Bahamas Stuart Cove's Aqua Adventures - Cruise Ships Cruise port pickup times are about 1/2 way down this page: http://www.stuartcove.com/DiveBahamasMgmt.aspx?id=2&pageId=53

If it doesn't seem likely, you might go with Bahama Divers or Explore Scuba instead. Both are on/near Paradise Island, a whole lot closer than Cove's which is about a 45min. shuttle ride.

If you're off the ship/thru customs early enough you might be able to get to Bahama Divers for their 9AM dives. It's $119. A cab will be about a 10 min. ride. They're on the Nassau side of the bridge to Paradise Island. Explore is in a marina across the bridge on Paradise Island, IDK anything about them.

Bahama Divers Home Page
Home | Explore Scuba Bahamas is the only dive operator located on Paradise Island.

On Freeport UNEXSO works with cruise passengers.
Visit us from your cruise ship
Their 2 tank dive is $100. They also have the dolphin($220) and shark($110) specialty dives but IDK if those work within your schedule. Dolphin & Scuba Diving Activities & More! They're in Port Lucaya - slightly over 5 miles from the cruise port.

Stuart Cove's is the cruise operator. Stuart Cove's Cruise Ships Shark Cage Diving Bahamas Stuart Cove's Aqua Adventures - Cruise Ships Cruise port pickup times are about 1/2 way down this page: Stuart Cove?s Scuba Diving Bahamas Nassau Dive Vacations Thrilling Shark Adventure Dive - Hotel Transfers

If it doesn't seem likely, you might go with Bahama Divers or Explore Scuba instead. Both are on/near Paradise Island, a whole lot closer than Cove's which is about a 45min. shuttle ride.

If you're off the ship/thru customs early enough you might be able to get to Bahama Divers for their 9AM dives. It's $119. A cab will be about a 10 min. ride. They're on the Nassau side of the bridge to Paradise Island. Explore is in a marina across the bridge on Paradise Island, IDK anything about them.

Bahama Divers Home Page
Home | Explore Scuba Bahamas is the only dive operator located on Paradise Island.

On Freeport UNEXSO works with cruise passengers.
Their 2 tank dive is $100. They also have the dolphin($220) and shark($110) specialty dives but IDK if those work within your schedule. Dolphin & Scuba Diving Activities & More! They're in Port Lucaya - slightly over 5 miles from the cruise port.

Thanks, appreciate the info. If I only had time to do diving at 1 of the 2 stops, which would I enjoy more? Nassau or Freeport? (preferably the more shallow ones since I blow through air quickly).

I used the Dive shop in Port Lucaya UNEXSO a couple of years ago. It is a nice shop and the staff was friendly. We were on my boat so all we did was get air fills and T shirts. I did talk with the Boat Captians about the different dive sites and they were very helpful and nice to be around. The water was so clear you could look over the side of the boat and looking 70 feet deep was like looking into the bottom of a pool.

I used the Dive shop in Port Lucaya UNEXSO a couple of years ago. It is a nice shop and the staff was friendly. We were on my boat so all we did was get air fills and T shirts. I did talk with the Boat Captians about the different dive sites and they were very helpful and nice to be around. The water was so clear you could look over the side of the boat and looking 70 feet deep was like looking into the bottom of a pool.

UNEXSO is the operation that Carnival uses in Freeport. It is unlikely that you would be able to book directly with them once they find you are arriving on a carnival ship.
It stinks to have to pay that $149 dollars, and I am not sure what your hours are in port, but we are there only from like 7-2:30 and in my mind that rate covers the costs of transportation and the piece of mind of making it back on the ship if there are delays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom