Diver from a cruise ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vieque

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello:

Has anyone dived Stuart Cove (or any other operator in Nassau) coming from a cruise?
This is my first time to Bahamas (Nov 2013) and Im trying to find out about the options
for a nice dive with the probability of a shark dive.
Thx

Cove's is the cruise operator. The shark dives are in the afternoon. Since it's a 45min. shuttle ride back to the port, you may not have time depending on when your ship sails - they'll drop you back at the port at 6:20PM. There's also some mention of ships time vs. local time on some cruise lines as well so you might check that with yours.

Details are here: Stuart Cove's Cruise Ships Shark Cage Diving Bahamas Stuart Cove's Aqua Adventures - Cruise Ships

The only other two options are Bahama Divers and Explore Scuba. Bahama Divers departs at 9AM from their facility near the Paradise Island Bridge. On a good day if you catch a cab at the port, probably a 10min. ride. Add 1/2 hr? for customs clearance - maybe less. We didn't get off with the crowd so basically walked thru about an hour later. But we were on a smaller boat and there was only one other in that morning. http://www.bahamadivers.com/index.html

M-W-Sat, BD dives the Blue Hole, often sharks are seen there. Not like at Cove's though where the daily feed brings them in. Actually at certain sites you can see lots of sharks without paying for the feed, they hover at 3-4 nearby sites daily. Check out the Cove's interactive map to see which ones. And suggest those on your boat when asked.

Explore is on Paradise Island, IDK much about them.

We were there in Jan. on a cruise and dove with Bahama Divers initially because Cove's was very rigid in their schedule and wouldn't/couldn't accomodate the ship's schedule. We ended up very pleased with BD. We had the best pre dive briefing I have ever experienced. We dove the Blue Hole and had 1 instructor, 1 DM and one videographer/DM in the water with us.They are a great company with really good staff. They were watchful, professional and friendly and they didn't over protect the group, allowing the buddy teams to explore and enjoy the dives. Hope you have a great cruise.
RichH

Vieque, what dates are you there? We are headed in for our first cruise in Nov. I think the 9th through the 14th with a day in Nassau and a day in Freeport. I'm thinking diving both days is in order.

Hey guys! Thanks for the info and the quick response. I'll be doing some research on the options mentioned above. Thanks again!
Just_Me; my cruise is a short 3 night departing from Miami the 29th. I have to check the itinerary for I'm not sure which day it'll go to Nassau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom