Looking for good dive center in exuma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Heading to the Bahamas for the first time in Feb/March.New to diving and want to find a dive company in Exuma, to get a couple dives in. Was initially going to dive with Stuarts Cove in New Providence but found out we need to meet up with our friends in Exuma. Any advice on getting back and forth from islands or a good company to dive with in Exuma.

Will you be on Great or Little Exuma? Either way there are only a few dive shops. I used Dive Exuma a few years ago. They are not cheap. Make sure to tell them what you expect from them - from handholding to leave me alone and let me dive. I wrote a trip report so you can see what to expect from sites, diving, boat, cost, travel, etc. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bahamas/343141-exuma-trip-report-long.html

There are a few other reviews in this forum on Exuma. In addition, have a look at tripadvisor for Dive Exuma. There are good to a few bad reviews - the bad in my opinion are due to expectations not being met which goes back to letting them know what you want. We told them we did not want handholding, nurse maid dives and they accommodated us.

If anyone wants a bad review of Dive Exuma, send me a PM. Stay away until it changes ownership again.

Glad we canned our trip to Exuma. I managed to get 3 biz class reward tickets before I did my research. Due to work issues had to cancel the tickets. Never was happy with the villa options either, dammed expensive! As for the only dive op....like others have said, not great reviews and they do the dives for the Sandals resort so take that for what it is. Looking back we were newly certified with a 10 yr old junior diver so things happen for a reason, $300 in cancellations fees was well worth it!

Ken- can you post your review, kinda curious as the possible disaster we missed.

I won't go into too many details publicly except to say I watched them take a bunch of people on a 100' deep cave dive for their first dive after completing their OW certification. Linear penetration was probably 400'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom