Bimini Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zaixon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are planning a trip to Bimini this weekend and have never been diving there before. I cant seem to find much as to the sites to check out, and dont see much Bimini discussion here. We will be on a private boat so can hit basically any spot and we'll be there for 2 days. Found some good GPS coordinates on divespots.com but what are the must see sites? and any tips for diving over in Bimini?

You might want to look at trip reports of liveaboards in that area.
They often include dive sites and pictures.

I didn't see a whole lot interesting to me in Bimini. There is the Sapona wreck in a about 20 feet of water. There is the bimini road in about 20 feet of water. There were some half dead reef dives that were mostly boring in 20-40 feet of water. There are some dolphin and shark dives that might interest you, but good luck finding out from any of the operators as to where to go. Have fun and stop by Stuart's for some conch.

Well it was a good trip. I will say I really enjoyed the reefs. We ended up doing a few of the sites south of Bimini. We hit Victory Reef which was about 30-40 ft deep. Prety nice reef system with a lot of life. had some shallower spots ~25 ft cause we had some people that were snorkeling with us. Then we headed over to Nodules reef which also had a lot of life (Lots of lion fish too that we took care of) pretty cool site, i'd perfer to dive the deeper side of it and apparently there is a wall somewhere around this reef but we never found it. Tuna Alley reef was the highlight of the trip tho, this reef had everything at one point it drops from 45ft to 90ft and there are cavern and holes that you can swim thru with the reef walls extending upwards and around you. If you are ever in Bimini I highly recomend this site! One dive we didnt get to do was the continental shelf dive but we will be back prepped for that one (We spent the rest of time fishing lol) docked up at night by some shallow ledges and got some lobster too. We didnt even get off the boat the whole trip hah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom