Out Islands : Where to go and stay for family dive vacation (3 families)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishtn

Contributor
Reaction score
Will be some little kids, some older kids, some divers, some not. Like to be secluded, with great diving, great snorkeling, nice beaches, great food, etc etc. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I know very little about the Out Islands. Small Hope looks nice but very expensive at 1st glance, but admittedly just skimmed website.

Anywhere you go in the Caribbean, you may choose any 2 out of 3:
Cheap, Secluded, Amazing.

Small Hope Bay might be your best choice given your parameters. It's an all-inclusive which might be why the price seems high. The Exumas is another area to consider -- although it won't be as secluded (which is a relative term anyway). Anything further out, I'd go with a Liveaboard -- which probably won't work with the non-divers and beach seekers. Have you considered separate vacations? :D

Have you checked out a vacation rental home (VRBO or similar)? My extended family is in the very early stages of planning something similar, and there seemed to be some good deals out there once you split the cost among multiple families.

As far as the out islands, my experience is limited to a liveaboard off Conception Cay (uninhabited) and San Salvador. San Sal may be a good option for you. There's at least one dive op on the island, and the beaches, from what I could see, looked fantastic. The diving in the west was very nice, and the diving in the southwest was great. In the southwest, it looked like the coral went very close to the beach, so I would assume the snorkeling would be quite good.

James

I second Small Hope Bay Resort. I believe they provide child care. Do not expect any kind of night life on Androus.

Back
Top Bottom