Stuart Cove's Nassau Shark Dive vs Grand Bahama Tiger Beach Dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwimjim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, I've always wanted to dive with sharks and so was thinking of heading down to the Bahamas.. has anyone done both shark dives? If so and you had to choose one, which was the better experience? And if you had to pick between Nassau and Grand Bahama for diving (asides from the shark feeding dives) which would be better for subsequent days? And finally, what dives would you recommend if I only had 2 more days? I know it's a lot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I'd go to Bull Run at Bimini. But that's just me.

I would, too. I did go to Bull Run with Blackbeard's a few years ago. I have done the Stuart Cove shark dive as well. Liked Bull Run better. That's all I have to say about that.

DC

I would, too. I did go to Bull Run with Blackbeard's a few years ago. I have done the Stuart Cove shark dive as well. Liked Bull Run better. That's all I have to say about that.

DC

Am I missing something because I read that the Bimini Bull Run is a cage dive off a dock? That doesn't sound very interesting

Well, there is that, but there is also the Bull Run dive site South of Bimini, the place where the operators go, the place where they have been diving with sharks for years...

Hmm interesting, first I've read about it.. I've seen the Tiger Beach dive in a lot of diving bucketlists, and I guess the Nassau shark feed dive is talked about so much because it's cruise ship/tourist cental

I'd go to Grand Bahama. Since you can do a shark feed at UNEXSO, Cristina does a very good one - then drive over to Cove's at Old Bahama Bay (about an hour?) and dive Tiger Beach (all day trip). There's Dolphin dives at UNEXSO also. And Theo's wreck. I agree with Doubler, I find Port Lucaya/Grand Bahama much more pleasant topside than Nassau/New Providence.

You don't have to do an organized shark dive to see sharks in the Bahamas. We've seen them on normal dives with Dive Guana in Fowl Cay marine park in the Abacos and also with Stella Maris on Long Island. You will see sharks with Ocean Fox out of south Eleuthera as well. Or Riding Rock on San Salvador or Small Hope Bay Lodge on Andros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom