Recomended things to do/see in Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyro_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So i am heading out in two weeks to spend a week with Blackbeard's and then possibly another couple of days with Stuart cove. Going to have about 1.5 days of no diving while in Nassau and will need to keep myself occupied. Does anyone have any recommendations for things to go see or do while there? I will be solo.

Thanks

Hit up the "Fish Fry" for dinner on a Friday night...

Nassau Fish Fry - Restaurants | Travel + Leisure

Arawak-Cay-Fish-Fry | Restaurants | Nassau | Delta Sky Magazine + deltaskymag.com

"For cheap Bahamian seafood, Nassau locals (and now, tourists) head to a line of restaurants/shacks lumped together on Arawak Cay that make up the fish fry. The different spots compete for the honor of having the best food, and while the Twin Brothers often wins that contest, Oh Andros! is another solid choice. Sit outside with a beer and some conch fritters and relax."

if you like nature take a day trip to Andros Island

I wouldn't use Stuarts Cove if I was you. We used them after Blackbeard's the first week of September and they were the worst operation I have dove with in my 1200+ dives. All the crewed cared about was up selling you the shark dive or a night dive. They wouldn't even take my camera from me as I tried to exit. After one dive I actually had to ask a boat crew member to move off the hand rail that he was laying on so I could climb up the ladder. The Divemaster \instructors were more concerned about complaining about having to use Aqua Lung gear then leading a dive. They made sure to tell everybody that it was crap. I'm sure that made the new divers using their Aqua Lung rental gear feel confident. In all my dive trips, Stuart's was the only time that I didn't tip the Divemaster or boat crew.

Sorry for the rant. Check with your Blackbeard crew, there is a dive shop a short walk from the marina that they said was very good. I'm going to use them next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom