Bahamas Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnnyfever

Registered
Reaction score
Our group is looking at a trip to the Bahamas in the near future, but we don't want to do a live aboard. Does anyone have any suggestions for good all-around diving, and we would be interested in seeing some sharks of course in their natural habitat. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Johnnyfever

I have been to a few of the islands (Bimini, Exuma, Andros, Eleuthera) and loved Eleuthera. It wasn't a dive trip to Eleuthera, but was surprised how nice the diving was and I am more of a wreck diver. You won't find the fancy hotels on the south end of the island, but it will be tough to find nicer people. Check out Ocean Fox Cotton Bay

[video=youtube;m1dy1XP0Tis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1dy1XP0Tis&sns=em[/video]

Hi Dvankirk,Thanks for the info and the awesome video, I would love to do a dive like that! Where did you stay when you visited these islands? I'll check out the Ocean Fox Cotton Bay. Thanks again, Johnnyfever

We rented a villa at Sky Beach in Governor's Harbor. I was there for my wedding so we weren't worried about the hour drive to the south end of the island for diving, but it was worth it.

I've only been to Bahamas once, and dove for a day with Stuart Cove. The shark dive was amazing, staff were excellent, but I did find the boats a little more crowded than I like.

I've only been to Bahamas once, and dove for a day with Stuart Cove. The shark dive was amazing, staff were excellent, but I did find the boats a little more crowded than I like.

That's why I like the out islands - no crowds.

Back
Top Bottom