Grand Bahamas last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montyb

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from the Grand Bahama. Stayed in a very nice, clean, newly renovated condo at Coral Beach. Was going to do 3 two tank dives with Unexso. But changed my mind. Not because of them. They were very friendly, accomodating, and professional. Helped with getting out of the water and did set up the gear for some of the divers. Did one reef dive at Blair House and it was great to be underwater. 85 ft for 50 minutes, was the only one left with the dive master so although still had 1200 psi came up. After diving in Hawaii every year for the past 23 years the dive was really disappointing. Its true, the lion fish have basically decimated the reef fish population. In that 50 minutes saw few angels, one trumpet fish, one hugh turtle and 13 lion fish. They were everywhere. As I said it was great being underwater but if you take your camera (I had my G-10) and want to get pics of all the interesting and colorful reef fish, I would suggest you go somewhere else. Just read another report the said Lion Fish have devastated 80 % of the reefs in Florida so its just a tremendous problem. Other divers really enjoyed the shark dive and the dolphin dive. Theio (spelling) wreck is nice. But I just didn't feel like doing any more reef dives. I guess my wife and I will reschedule our next outing back to Hawaii. Monty

Thanks for the post. I agree, it is upsetting. There are still siome nice sites there but the lionfish are taking over everywhere it seems. I did manage to eat one or two when I was there. Just trying to help out the reefs. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom