Bahamas in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Synonymous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to take my daughter on her first dive trip since getting her OW cert and thinking of the Bahamas. We are going for five days in mid-August. Can anyone share what the conditions are like at that time?

I've been looking at Nassau, but would other islands be better? I want to keep it fairly easy for her, but I also want to get her hooked 😎 Sharks and pretty reefs seem like the way to go.

Thanks.

We went diving in July of last year to Long Island. July and August are not that much different. We got our diving in before the remnants of Chantal came through. As long as there is not a storm conditions are usually great. Most of the diving off Long Island is on the leeward side of the island. They also do trips to Conception Island but that is more for advanced divers I believe. We dove with Stella Maris Water Sports. We saw 2 reef sharks and healthy coral.

To get there you would have to fly to Nassau then Southern Air to Stella Maris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom