Diving in Nassau later this year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsdp515

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am thinking about going to Nassau for 4 days in October and staying at the new Melia resort. I am looking at dive ops on the island but I am leaning towards Stuart Cove's. I would really like to dive in Nassau since the dive on my cruise in December was cancelled. October is a rough date now but August is an option too. I do not know which month would be better to visit Nassau.

Coves is on the south side of New Providence - more than 1/2 way around the island from the Melia location. They do have a Cable Beach shuttle so I assume you can get picked up there or nearby. Going the other way Bahama Divers is on the Nassau side of the Paradise Island bridge. Quite a bit closer. Explore Scuba is on Paradise Island.
Your three options...

Either month is potentially hurricane season. I'd personally be more concerned about it in October.

Thanks. August might be a better option because I can stay in Nassau a longer time and get more days of diving in. I contacted Cove's about their dive and stay packages and they seem to be more expensive for the package deal then just booking the hotel and diving separately.

Sounds like Stuart needs to do a little work on pricing...lol. I'd want a car on Nassau (cabs are high) so maybe it's a better deal to drive over there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom