Freeport Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sujo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, will be going to the new Memories Grand Bahamas resort in Freeport for a week in April, what, if any, are the shore diving like? Don't want anything fancy or deep?

Simple answer - there isn't any...the reef is too far out. About the only shore diving in the Bahamas is off the Abacos.

I have done a bit of shore snorkeling over by Nassau along hotel row. Basically sand flats. Having said that the water clarity was good and I did see a few fish like cudas. That was before I learned to dive. If you are easily amused like i am you might enjoy a shore dive or two.

I was not impressed with our experience diving with UNEXSO.

Hello, will be going to the new Memories Grand Bahamas resort in Freeport for a week in April, what, if any, are the shore diving like? Don't want anything fancy or deep?

As diversteve said, there isn't really any shore diving. Memories is a new hotel, and I beleive you are next to the Grand Lucayan and just "down the street" from UNEXSO. Will be there in July for a week, diving with Cristina and UNEXSO. Would love to hear a review of Memories when you get back.

I went to Freeport a couple of years ago, as has been stated not really any shored diving, I went out with Caribbean Divers, they have an older boat, but they're usually not crowded. They also will come pick you up and store your gear if you're traveling with it.

Dive Rates & Packages - Bell Channel Inn

Back
Top Bottom