Have you dove with Sandals Bahamas (Nassau) ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yrbabygirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all....
Even though I am an AOW diver, I am rather a novice. Been on 2 dozen dives now all with Sandals (St Lucia, Antigua, and Turks and Caicos). I know from reading the boards that Sandals is not an experienced diver's destination of choice but it works for me.
Anyway I am going to Sandals Bahamas (Nassau) in about a month and was wondering if there were any tips or must-knows anyone who has dove with this Sandals dive team before can share with me.
I've found that each of the 3 Sandals locations I've dove with has their own nuisances and I'm wondering what Sandals Bahamas are.
Also - can anyone tell me if they charge extra for their shark dive or their night dives? St Lucia and Antigua didn't charge extra for anything but Turks & Caicos did so I am wondering if Bahamas will.
Thanks for sharing!
-Tara

This may be something you already know but you probably won't dive your tank or your computer. However as you said, it works for you.

It's been quite some time since we stayed at Sandals (Nassau) but I would think they have turned over the dive staff.

I can tell you that the diving at other Sandals properties compares with Sandals Nassau i.e. Their procedures are similar. This applies to normal scheduled diving. The "specialty" dives were always cancelled due to lack of boats, interest or weather.

Our shark dive, which was good, was basically the prestage area for Stuart Coves before their main shark dive. I think it's called Runway. We literally had to giant stride off the boat between sharks. There was no charge for it. This may have changed. We have contacted (or tried to contact the dive ops at various Sandals) before the trips with questions and most responses have been vague. I would definitely email them and ask.

Having said this, Sandals Bahamas (Nassau) was the only one that had a few dives that were unlead. Remember that it's been awhile since I was there so their policies may have changed. It was the only time we could dive our tanks and computers.

I can tell you to get to know the dive staff and make requests for sites. Depending on the skill level on the boat you may get more advanced sites.

Now when we stay at any Sandals property, we use an outside op. (Not trying to dissuade you tho)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom