Nassau weather June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffhamm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Heading back to Cable beach soon. The extended forecast calls for thunderstorms nearly every day.

Are these typically the quick in-and-out showers that seem to be everywhere in the tropic regions, with sunny days, or should I plan for dark and rainy most of the time?

Either way, looking forward to it. The fish won't care, and neither will the bartenders.

Jeff

Heading back to Cable beach soon. The extended forecast calls for thunderstorms nearly every day.

Are these typically the quick in-and-out showers that seem to be everywhere in the tropic regions, with sunny days, or should I plan for dark and rainy most of the time?
That was what I viewed when I was there two weeks ago. It rained once on us, and that was while diving. It was over by the time I surfaced.

I was out on Blackbeard's the week before T.C. and we had a fair amount of rain. There were squalls that moved through the area on a pretty constant basis. That was May however and June may be a lot different.

We just got back from Nassau yesterday. Every day the forecast called for 50% chance of t'storms. It rained almost every day and ranged from about 5 minutes (while still sunny) to a few hours. Most storms lasted about 30 minutes or less and then immediately cleared.

Wasn't a big deal, a few isolated thunderstorms, and at least a sprinkle daily but like most of my other experiences in tropical areas, it was nothing to slow us down.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom