Diving at Atlantis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Booch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wife is forcing me to go to Atlantis. Family trip. Hoo Rah.. noticed they have diving available! Like some feed back on this... Thanks

(I'm presuming we are talking about Atlantis on Paradise Island, Nassau)
Unless things have changed since August, there is no real diving AT Atlantis, although I did see signs advertising lessons, or a "scuba experience" there.

That said, Stuart Cove's is a Dive op that will pick you up (7:30 for the a.m. 2 tank, 11:30 for the p.m.) The shop is located at the far end of New Providence (the Island containing Nassau), and due to traffic and the number of pickups at Hotels along the way, the ride can be 45 min to an hour. SC is a good op, and I have dived with them for several years.
Enjoy your trip.

I was there in February, although they technically have a dive shop I don't think they actually do any diving, maybe some discover scuba but that's it (at least that's the impression I got). They told me to book with somebody else.

I would go with Stuart's cove, I didn't and the diving was pretty underwhelming around nassau. Stuart's cove is about a 45 minute drive.

Thanks, I wish this would change her mind, but it wont.

We were in Nassau last year. Within sight of Atlantis is Bahama Divers, a great shop. They are literally across the bridge and turn left. We had a really fun time with them, and they aren't overly expensive. They also gave the best dive briefing I've ever had.
RichH

I took my parents to Atlantis last year.

Quoted room price was something like $300 per night. We were there for 9 nights. With all of the hidden fees, hidden tourist taxes and hidden mandatory tips, the room ended up costing $550 per night. The hidden fees added $2,250 to the quoted room price of $2,700.

The least expensive meals were outside of Atlantis - catch an expensive cab and go into town.
Breakfast? $25 per person, unless you just eat a donut, and then it's only $5
Hamburger, fries and a coke for lunch? About $17
Dinner? About $40 per person, unless you go stand in line with the masses at the pizza shop and spend only about $20 per person.

The local dive shops will pick you up at the hotel and take you diving. You can probably make the same arrangements through Atlantis for twice the price.

I used to go free diving in the cove near Atlantis and always saw a lot of sharks.

Be prepared to spend a huge amount of money at Atlantis. Huge. A lot more than you anticipated.

...the diving was pretty underwhelming around nassau...

I've been diving in multiple locations around the Bahamas, including Andros Island. In general, scuba diving in the Bahamas is underwhelming, like Scubanoobi says.

On the bright side....

I'm an outdoors guy and I hate theme parks, but the Atlantis water park was a blast.

The Bahamians are really nice people. Affluence has been good for them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom