Bahamas in March-need advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverJoy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey fellow divers,

My husband and I have been to Nassau (Stuart's Cove) twice and Green Turtle Cay (Brendal's) once. We're not into the party scene and really just want to dive. Ok, and maybe lounge on a beach, too. Oh, and eat good food. We'd also like to be warmer than we were in GTC. Any suggestions for a few days in late March, diving and/or lodging? We'd be flying in from Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Thanks, in advance!

DiverJoy
Colorado

I would like to tag on to this post. We're going in January and I was told the water temp is 72 degrees F. I wear a 5 mm full wetsuit here locally when diving in 72 degree water. Has this been your experience?

I contacted Bahama Divers and their website has their dive schedule.

I visit the Bahamas in February. Diving with Blackbeard's. Last February we had a great week through the Exuma Cays. Water was 74-76. Much of my group was from Colder Canada and had 3mm full suits and were happy doing several dives per day. Some of our group hailed from warmer areas like south Florida and had 5-7mm suits.

If you like the 5mm in 72 degree water that's what you should take with you.

Thanks, I would have gone unprepared!

I visit the Bahamas in February. Diving with Blackbeard's. Last February we had a great week through the Exuma Cays. Water was 74-76. Much of my group was from Colder Canada and had 3mm full suits and were happy doing several dives per day. Some of our group hailed from warmer areas like south Florida and had 5-7mm suits.

If you like the 5mm in 72 degree water that's what you should take with you.

My husband and I have been to Nassau (Stuart's Cove) twice and Green Turtle Cay (Brendal's) once. We're not into the party scene and really just want to dive. Ok, and maybe lounge on a beach, too. Oh, and eat good food. We'd also like to be warmer than we were in GTC. Any suggestions for a few days in late March, diving and/or lodging? We'd be flying in from Miami [-]or Fort Lauderdale.[/-] Thanks, in advance!
Beautiful by Nature - Turks and Caicos Islands - Turks and Caicos Tourist Board

Climate - The average temperature ranges between 85 and 90 degrees (29-32 degrees celsius) from June to October, sometimes reaching the mid 90's (35 degrees celsius), especially in the late summer months. From November to May the average temperature is 80 to 84 degrees (27-29 degrees celsius). Water temperature in the summer is 82 to 84 degrees (28-29 degrees celsius) and in winter about 74 to 78 degrees (23-26 degrees celsius). A constant trade wind keeps the climate at a very comfortable level.

Provo has been ranked "Best Beach" by Conde' Nast magazine and by the World Travel Awards for several years running.
Grace Bay is called the nicest beach in the world also. Priced accordingly during high season. Less than a 2hr. nonstop flight from MIA.

The diving is excellent also - especially at French Cay and West Caicos. Operators from Provo do it via day trip - there's a provided shuttle to the south side marina - a 45min. boat ride, 2 dives/lunch then the reverse. There's also really good diving - better than the Bahamas - off Grace Bay and NW Point 5mins. out also. Just slightly too far to shore dive.

Accommodations on the affordable side is the Comfort Suites - it's not beachfront but close. On the opposite end is Amanyara. (far opposite...)

San Salvador is very good with reef sharks year round and scalloped hammerheads Jan-April. San Salvador - Indigo Safaris
Andros has blue holes, caves, deep walls, some sharks, and a wreck and a variety of topside stuff Andros Island - Indigo Safaris
Or you could go to Bimini - stay at Bimini Sands and dive with Neal Watson Jr. You don't even have to fly from Miama, but there are direct flights from Fort Lauderdale Bimini Island - About the island - Indigo Safaris. All three are very laid back and quiet places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom