Has anyone done Tiger Beach or Bimini Hammerheads DAYTRIP dives with Epicdiving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwimjim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at spending a week on grand bahama and discovered that epicdiving there does daytrips to tiger beach and also to bimini for hammerheads. Can't find much info on these, all the reviews are from their one week liveaboards.. the daytrips are not cheap ($350) so I'm curious if anyone has done either of them?

Cove's went out to Tiger Beach from Old Bahama Bay resort as recently as last year. It's maybe a 45min. drive out from Freeport - at the far west end of the island. They still list it as an activity on their site:
Shark Diving – On-site Stuart Cove Dive Center offers Tiger Shark Dives at world famous Tiger Beach! Offered upon request, with a minimum number of divers, the all day excursion includes a reef/wall dive on the virgin reefs and walls off of West End, and a second dive with tiger sharks at Tiger Beach.
But when you click the link on the Cove's website it's just blank now - it used to show images/rates. Tiger Shark Diving with Stuart Cove Except for the generic page - Tiger Beach Safaris - Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas! Probably wasn't profitable enough to continue.

Cove's went out to Tiger Beach from Old Bahama Bay resort as recently as last year. It's maybe a 45min. drive out from Freeport - at the far west end of the island. They still list it as an activity on their site:

But when you click the link on the Cove's website it's just blank now - it used to show images/rates. Tiger Shark Diving with Stuart Cove Except for the generic page - Tiger Beach Safaris - Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas! Probably wasn't profitable enough to continue.

They do not run it anymore, but epicdiving does regular day trips to both tiger beach and bimini for the hammerheads whenever their boats aren't out doing a liveaboard trip. But I can't seem to find much info on here about either, especially the hammerhead daytrip. Some trip reports about the 7 day liveaboard trips but nothing on daytrips

Epic runs day trips. Both Bimini, Tiger Beach, and Oceanic Whitetips at Cat Island. Stuart Coves seems to have pulled out of West End, leaving no day boats at West End. There are 3 dayboat operators in Bimini, Neal Watson, Epic, and the house shop at Big Game Club. All 3 US liveaboards (Spree, Dolphin Dream, Shear Water) leave from the US and run 6 day combo trips (3 day TB, 3 day Bimini).

All is up in the air for 2015/6 winter. The day operators are furious at the liveaboards, permits have been denied to some operators, and heated letters are flying around. Spree has a 2015 permit, and R/V Kate has a permit. The status of other permits are unknown to me.

So no one has done the tiger beach daytrip with epicdiving?

Old topic but do a search on Wetpixel. No They have run a trip or two through Epic and there are a couple of trip reports on the site.

Wookie: what's the issue between operators? Flow of money to US vs Bahamian companies and taxation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom