You know you're a COLDWATER diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadian_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
In response to the "You know you're a Warm Water diver when.." thread, I decided to make my own... so here goes... feel free to add...

You know you're a coldwater diver:

- If you've ever left a trail of gear from the water to the beach while begging someone to unzip your suit to relieve yourself.
- If you're wary to unzip your dive buddy's suit after a hard night of drinking beer and eating beans.
- If you know what CBS is (Critical Bladder Squeeze)

.... I got more... but I'll save 'em fer a bit.... :crafty:

They all laugh on me when I'm running for the nearest bush.

My buddy often says, when I unzip him, how's that smell?

I've got to qualify mine:

You know you're a converted COLDWATER diver when....

you no longer have to remind yourself not to pee your drysuit.

Man, I've come close a few times when I relaxed too much.

How about a PNW diver...
When you stay drier diving than you do getting changed for it.

Cold water diver:
The only problem you have with diving in the snow is that it makes the hike more difficult.

When you consider drygloves one of the most revolutionary diving purchases you have ever made.

When tourists ask you if the water is cold & you respond with a matter-of-fact, "Well, yes."

A movement to start referring to it as temperate water diving doesn't come close to catching on.

.. when someones asks you the temperature of the water and you reply Cold!

... when you see steam in the gents!

Definition of agony: Wrestling with your zip when you want to dump :)

Second definition of Agony: Seeing wetsuit divers taking a shower after a 30 metre dive.

When your bottle of water freezes to the picnic table while you put your drysuit on..

or, during the same time period, you actually lose pieces of gear in fresh snow...

Back
Top Bottom