Aqua Lung Titan LX Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronniemu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I had purchased the Aqua Lung Titan LX Regulator. The LDS said the adjustable knob is set all the way in during the predive, then rotate in the other direction during a dive. Can someone explain more about this adjustable knob and how they use it?

Also, at times when my regulator is out of my mouth on the surface it free flows at times.When I turn it over it stops. Is this a normal reaction to regulators in general.

Thanks for any and all information,

Regards Ronnie

I have the same reg and to tell you the truth I don't really bother with the knob.
On the surface, if the knob is set to the "+" then the reg will be prone to free-flow when it's out of your mouth. Additionally the "+" side should make it easier to breath at depth but I don't notice a difference.

Dave

That adjustable venturi knob/lever creates some turbulence that discourages freeflows at the surface. Yes, a "mouthpiece up" regulator at the surface will freeflow, you'll get used to accounting for this with some practice (i.e. keep the mouthpiece facing down and the venturi adjustment on "-" at the surface, move it to "+" when you descend). That's a good regulator. Enjoy.

Exactly what they said..
My wife uses the Titan and loves it, never has had a problem.
Just be sure to keep up the yearly maintenance so you keep getting those Aqua Lung regulator rebuild parts for free....

I dive with the same reg and love it. Normally dive with it in the - position all the time as it's prone to freeflow at the surface which can be quite a nuisance.

Basically what the "Adjustment knob" does is what STsomewhere said. Inside a regulator on most models that is, there is a vacuum that is created when you inhale so the Regulator breaths better, less inhaling effort... But what is nice in the Titan LX is the fact that its "Balanced." This is nice because there is more adjustments you can do to an LX than a normal Titan. You have the ability to set the "Cracking" pressure wherever you want, which is a very useful tool that the Titan doesn't have.

Its a Great reg, and you'll get many years from it if you take care of it.

Manta Matt:
Basically what the "Adjustment knob" does is what STsomewhere said. Inside a regulator on most models that is, there is a vacuum that is created when you inhale so the Regulator breaths better, less inhaling effort... But what is nice in the Titan LX is the fact that its "Balanced." This is nice because there is more adjustments you can do to an LX than a normal Titan. You have the ability to set the "Cracking" pressure wherever you want, which is a very useful tool that the Titan doesn't have.

Its a Great reg, and you'll get many years from it if you take care of it.

The Titan LX only has the venturi valve, which makes it a bit less prone to freeflow at the surface, and a bit easier to breath at depth. Its basically just a little lever in teh reg that obstructs airflow a little if set to "-". I don't notice much of a difference unless I am at depth (100+ feet).
It doesn't have the adjustment for 'cracking'. That comes on the Titan LX supreme.

TheYellowSubmarine:
The Titan LX only has the venturi valve, which makes it a bit less prone to freeflow at the surface, and a bit easier to breath at depth. Its basically just a little lever in teh reg that obstructs airflow a little if set to "-". I don't notice much of a difference unless I am at depth (100+ feet).
It doesn't have the adjustment for 'cracking'. That comes on the Titan LX supreme.

Thanks for all the information that everyone has kindly provided me.

Ronnie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom