Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhayes

Reaction score
Certified 2004 with 25 dives under my belt now. Thinking about moving on to AOW then Nitrox or maybe Nitrox first. Any recommendations or advice. Thanks, LH. :06:

Both... and right away....

Hey welcome to the board! What part of Texas are you from?

I'm with Michelle on this one. :D I love geezer gas!!

First: AOW
Second: Nitrox

lhayes:
Certified 2004 with 25 dives under my belt now. Thinking about moving on to AOW then Nitrox or maybe Nitrox first. Any recommendations or advice. Thanks, LH. :06:

AOW first and then Nitrox. In fact, many agencies require this sequence.

PADI doesn't require to do the AOW prior to Nitrox. In fact, some people are diving their open water dives with Nitrox because of the new eased rules.

I would ask to combine the classes. You can do your nitrox dives at the same time as the AOW dives. I know NAUI doesn't require AOW first because I got my Nitrox cert about a month after OW. In fact, I could have had my Nitrox cert before I certified because NAUI doesn't require any dives for it. They have 2 cards. One is a Nitrox Diver card and the other is just a Nitrox card. The only difference is you have to do 2 dives on enriched air for the word "Diver" to be put on it. Everything else is the same and I can use and get the exact same gas as the guy with the other card.

Joe

I suggest you do your AOW and Nitrox together. About time, and this approach will save some money.

I'm on Utila Island Honduras this week, enjoying a great dive trip, but wanted to log on long enough to welcome new members. Glad you're with us here...

don :bandit_2:

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Do AOW and Nitrox and combine your open water dives to cover both.

Take the Nitrox class first. Esp. if you are going off on a dive trip where you'll be doing two, three or four dives a day. The advantage to Nitrox isn't so much for the first dive, its in subsequent dives that day where you will have longer no-stop times vs. (gasp!) diving air.

You'll read about a lot of people here on SB who didn't think they got a lot of value from their AOW. Its rare to find anyone who feels that way about their Nitrox class.

:)

Back
Top Bottom