Pre-Requisites for Rescue Diving class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Halo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if there were any pre-requisites for doing a First Aid/Rescue Diver course. Like treading water for 3 hours, holding your breath for 20 minutes, drinking 1 gallon of milk in 20 minutes, Solve a Rubik's cube in 10 minutes or less.

It's a bit early for me to be thinking about it, but I'd like to be ready when/if I end up doing the class.

.........YMCA requires First Aid (NSC, ARC, AHA, ASHI or equivalent), Oxygen Provider (DAN or equivalent), CPR (NSC, AHA, ARC, ASHI or equivalent), age 15+, Advanced certification or 10 logged dives after OW certification.

NAUI requires First Aid, CPR, OW certification.

PADI requires Advanced certification and age 15+.

YMCA & PADI both provide for junior certifications for those less than 15.

WWW™

For PADI, Medic Firstaid or equiv is required to complete the coarse(as well as AOW). It can be done afterwards if necessary but your cert will not go through until you complete both and it is more convient from a class prospective. This course was the most work I had done in years, I came home tired both days and it is also the most useful course I have take. If you are not totally comfortable in the water and in scuba gear, wait a while and get some uw time before taking this course, you WILL get your mask ripped off, climbed like a ladder and then dunked with a crazy person on your head. Finally, on the first minute you get to the class, buddy up with the smallest person there, they are sooooo much easier to drag, darn that guy was heavy!!!! Great course, just don't take it too soon but by all means, take it.

SSI requires current First Aid/CPR.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom