Padi Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well today after some talking with padi i found out why after 2 months i still have no Card. i got this email back from them
"I have a "INSTRUCTERS NAME" from "MY TOWN". I found out this is him and we’re holding your application because this instructor is not current. Are you still in contact with the instructor? "

So looks like my instructer is not current... isnt that wonderfull. iv paid 575$ for a course and another 200 and something for half of other course. lost contact and no card...

Write them back & ask what your options are. Possibly it can be handled fairly easily, maybe by doing the checkout dives again with a different instructor?

But this will cost me money again... and there is no other instructers here .... Thats over 700$ gone?

Brand0n:
Well today after some talking with padi i found out why after 2 months i still have no Card. i got this email back from them
"I have a "INSTRUCTERS NAME" from "MY TOWN". I found out this is him and we’re holding your application because this instructor is not current. Are you still in contact with the instructor? "

So looks like my instructer is not current... isnt that wonderfull. iv paid 575$ for a course and another 200 and something for half of other course. lost contact and no card...

If PADI is right then you have little choice but to sue the instructor to recoup your costs.

R..

Dunno for sure. It might cost you some money, but maybe a small amt compared to doing the whole course over.

Lots of people take a class somewhere cold & do the OW dives while on vacation. You might be able to do the same thing, even if it means a road trip to another town.

Could be the guy actually is current & there's something goobered up in the computer, but you'd have to follow up with him to see if that's the case & gets corrected. Any way you slice it, in your shoes I would write them & say "Look, I need help. I paid a fortune for the course, took it, passed it. You have the records, my exam scores, etc, and now you're refusing to issue my card. What are my options with PADI? How do I get my card?" and see what they say.

Wayward Son:
Write them back & ask what your options are. Possibly it can be handled fairly easily, maybe by doing the checkout dives again with a different instructor?

This won't work. If the instructor isn't current then they aren't authorized to refer you or to sign off your confined water sessions either.

Basically, he's been screwed by a confidence-man. If the guy won't refund his money then Brandon will have to grab on with two hands and take it back.

R..

Diver0001 is right! No referral possible.

What's his name? <May as well get this pony running>.

How could you have lost contact with him?

And let's be clear here..... the guy who taught you isn't a PADI instructor.... he's *pretending* to be a PADI instructor. This isn't PADI's problem. PADI can sympathize but that's about it.

R..

I'd make one last effort at making contact before breaking out names. Sometimes people do disappear, honestly, for a bit -- ever hear of an instructor going on a vacation to a far-off spot?

Back
Top Bottom