Anyone done the Nat Geo PADI dive course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've taught it.

A recent change is that this program can now be conducted as a specialty and not just a more comprehensive "Open Water" program.

In the course you do additional work on buoynacy and navigation and you get to work on an underwater exploration program. All very useful skills.

My husband and I did the National Geographic Open Water class for our OW certification. Here's the link to my review of the class.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=96833&highlight=National+Geographic+Diver

Personally, the best part of the class for us was the extra dives and the confidence we gained through them. Knowing what my confidence level was after the first 4 dives, there's a good chance I would have been certified and never dove again. However, the last two dives really boosted my confidence level in my skills. That and the "exploration project" was a really cool experience. Taught me to spend time looking at things instead of just worrying about skills.

I did it at as extension to my OW earlier this year.
It was a generally good fun (learning proper boyancy controls so one could hover stationary above a reef to draw it on a slate was one of the tasks set to us), and did teach a few good skills.
You get a kick *** card too, much better than the other PADI ones, but thats only a bonus, lol.
I do like my fish, and as a newly qualified divers, it gave me more of an eye to find the critters.

I did PPB and navigation adventure dives during the Nat Geo which counted towards the AOW i did later on. I'd recommend doing these too, because those dives and the course material reinforce each other superbly IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom