Save-a-dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAdiver93

Contributor
Reaction score
What do you cary in your save-a-dive? Or what do you keep in your house to illiminate trips to LDS?

Let's see those pack rats among us!!! (BTW, I use a hockey bag for my dive gear - the only thing large enough to hold all of the stuff that I "always need")

I have the normal save-a-dive kit and all but alot of my dives are out of a SAR dive van that had regs,tanks,suits...and just about anything else you might need for diving :D I guess its kind of lik a sav-a-dive truck :D

Fin strap, mask strap, crescent and hex wrenches, o-rings, diagonal cutters, SS folding knife, cable ties, surgical tubing, mouthpiece, LP hose, reg port plugs, clips, dramamine, sudafed, band-aids.
Car has a decent first aid kit.
In my limited diving, I've used the fin strap, cable ties, LP hose, clips, o-rings, surgical tubing, dramamine, sudafed, band aids so far.
Stuff goes in a cheapie plastic box, box goes in a 2-1/2 gallon Ziploc storage bag.

The kit has grown exponentially. It's a sad state of affairs when your save a dive kit is bigger than your primary dive kit. Based on past experiences, I now carry pretty much everything. I can even do dry suit seal repairs on site if needed (of course it will take some time for the cement to dry). This is based on past experiences where I've had to call dives because of equipment failure. Something fails, I get a back up.

ItsBruce:
I've started carrying a fitting for putting air into car tires. It goes into the low pressure hose on the regulator.

That's a new one:wink:

I don't carry fin straps - got DIY spring straps (PM me if u need some)... O-rings, small toolkit, silicone, toothpaste, mouthpiece, cable ties...

Don't have that small first aid kit, and port plugs... Note to self...

I have a large first aid kit :)

Let's see, save-a-dive kit has all the standard stuff plus extra snorkel keepers, ponytail holders, mints, clear packing tape, electrical tape, black and silver paint markers, octopus holders, wrist band for computer, batteries and a shop cloth.
Ber :lilbunny:

ItsBruce:
I've started carrying a fitting for putting air into car tires. It goes into the low pressure hose on the regulator.

I've got one of those in mine... I got it years ago, but luckily I've never needed it either. (at least while I had a tank and my scuba gear with me)

markfm:
Fin strap, mask strap, crescent and hex wrenches, o-rings, diagonal cutters, SS folding knife, cable ties, surgical tubing, mouthpiece, LP hose, reg port plugs, clips, dramamine, sudafed, band-aids.
Car has a decent first aid kit.
In my limited diving, I've used the fin strap, cable ties, LP hose, clips, o-rings, surgical tubing, dramamine, sudafed, band aids so far.
Stuff goes in a cheapie plastic box, box goes in a 2-1/2 gallon Ziploc storage bag.

What do you do with the sudafed? seriously.

Fin strap
Mask strap
Snorkel Keeper
Mouthpiece
O-rings
Dental pic
6" adjustable wrench
2 Tie-wraps
Port plugs
Allen wrenches for port plugs
Duct tape wrapped on a small pencil (old scout trick)
Carabiners, SS Snaps, Quick-buckles
35mm film canister w/ sun screen
Small tube Aquaseal
Hand rag
Pocket knife
6" Bungie
Glow stick
Bonine

Stowed in a small clear plastic fishing lure box w/dividers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom