Fishing pole found in Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iruka

Contributor
Reaction score
Guam, right by the beach so the typhoons can find
# of dives
No lost & found forum, so.........
Found a pretty nice fishing pole while diving today...probably lost while trolling. Identify, and it's yours. Don't identify, and it's mine (that's even better, ha ha)
Send an email via my website or PM me.

Fishing poles heh?
Just did an underwater cleanup at a local pier with my club... we had about 8 divers and we came up with a total of 5 real fishing poles with intact marine grade barss/aluminum wreels in brand-new condition as well as 2 spongebob toy poles that don't really work anymore.
We're thinking about starting the UCSB fishing club...

It's mine. It's long, has a reel on it, and has loops for the fish line to go through.

Oh yeah, it's got a handle on it, too.

there, now send it to me, will ya?

*laughing*

Randy43068:
It's mine. It's long, has a reel on it, and has loops for the fish line to go through.

there, now send it to me, will ya?

*laughing*

Randy, you should be getting a very long, skinny envelope in the next few weeks.
:)

Hey Thanks man! There should have been a big fish attached to the line, too, but you can keep that. :)

Seriously, you seem to have it made! Living on the water, diving almost every day.. I'm envious!

Well, if I TOLD you, then it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it? Just kidding....I found it near Barracuda Rock, while drifting towards Crevice. I sort of wanted the potential owner to tell me roughly where it was lost, so I'm NOT going to describe the fishing gear, ha ha.

Actually, when I saw your user name, I thought you might be the manager of one of the bigger dive shops here in Guam, but the profile info/# of dives & such doesn't add up.

Good luck on treasure hunting!....I've found 7 rings so far, at least a few of them wedding, and have even tried to return some via these message boards, to no avail.

Randy43068:

Hey, my lost pole looks just like that, too...:11:

I found a boat on the bottom that still had all the fishing gear in it...several rod/reels, 3 or 4 tackle boxes, trolling motor, depth finder, the works.

The boat had disappeared from the marina in a storm and was assumed to drifted off and was never found. My wife and I found it about 2 minutes into a dive, on the bottom about 50 feet from where it had been stalled. The insurance company had long since paid off and most of the expensive stuff was worthless after a couple of years on the bottom. We removed the gas tanks and moved the boat to where it wouldn't be in the way during times of low water.

That beats me, ha ha. We have boats sinking all the time during typhoons, but they're almost always very well (though not well ENOUGH, apparently) secured in the marinas whenever there's a typhoon, so they sink in water that's too shallow, dirty & dangerous (boat traffic) to dive, unless you're trying to recover/rescue your own stuff out of the boat.

Here's a photo of a tri-maran we used for diving for years....got flipped upside down about 3 years ago during a typhoon....doesn't work nearly as well upside down & now is a derelict. I was told it had been appraised at $250,000 before the typhoon (have no idea if it's true or not), and DO know that the owner tried to sell it for $30,000 AFTER the typhoon (unsuccessfully) and finally sold it for $1 just to avoid "abandoning" it. It's right-side up now, but hasn't ever been repaired.

(oh...and there's another tri-maran/trimaran just to the right, also flipped upside down....that one was actually canabalized for parts and there's nothing at all left of it.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom