Warm water diving and gloves??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just curios but do any divers who dive in warm water i.e Carribbean etc.. use any type of dive glove. If so, do you wear a 3mm glove or something else?? Thanks

I always wear gloves regardless of the water temperature. Tropical conditions i wear 3mm.

Mainly for protection, ive been cut on ladders and so on before now.

For the same reason no matter what the temperature i always wear a full wetsuit as opposed to a shortie.

Same here.
I always wear a full suit and, if it's not forbidden by local laws, gloves.

I too wear gloves for protection. I was at Panama City Beach the temperature was about 72 - 82 degrees and I was wearing a 3mm gloves. So I say go ahead and wear gloves.

Hope all is well,

Sparrowhawk

Depends on where. if it's local no. otherwise it's a good idea for reasons like string mentioned. Be aware tho it's forbidden in some marine reserves like looe key in fla. At least it was 3 yrs ago when I snorkeled there on a bahia honda boat. Kinda keeps yopu from being tempted to touch things you shouldn't. Like the coral and some of the fishies.(no kill, no touch, no take area)

They also don't allow gloves in Roatan

I usually wear 2mm reef gloves in any water over 70 degrees. I always keep them in my BC pocket, even if they aren't allowed in the area. You never know when you'll need them while doing your hang.

Do you find 3mm gloves too warm to wear in the tropics?? Thanks for all the responses.

Oh, I didn't know you weren't allowed to wear gloves in some areas, it does make since though, I wouldn't really want touch anything without my gloves. I was certified not to long ago so I am still in the learning process. Anyways, I would wear gloves unless it is prohibited.

Well, in Gulf of Mexico it wasn't too warm at all when I was wearing 3mm gloves.

Sparrowhawk

Tusa makes a really nice glove for warm water , basically just a set of mechanics gloves . Then they also affer a set of 1 or 2 mill for slightly colder days .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom