2 certification numbers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starfish

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received my Advanced Certification card in the mail from PADI.

Should my "Diver no." be the same as the one on my "Open Water" card or different?

--Starfish

Originally posted by Starfish
I just received my Advanced Certification card in the mail from PADI.

Should my "Diver no." be the same as the one on my "Open Water" card or different?

It'll be different until you get into the professional levels [not sure which one].

I was actually surprised that they used the picture from my OW cert... I guess the AOW pic was _really_ bad.

Hi,

In fact it changes. I've got one number as OW and another one as AOW ... There must be a reason ...

Take care

I think you get your "stable" professional number at Divemaster. At least, I think that's true for PADI certification.

It'll be a different number for all certs (including specialties) THe number is a combination of the cert date, the # for the cert, and a # for the diver. The first pro level, Divemaster, is where you become a PADI "member" and you recieve your member # that stays with you. The only thing that changes is the alpha combination preceeding it which indicates your pro level.

i.e....
I started as DM168341
then AI168341
then OWSI168341
now MSDT168341
someday, I will be IDC/Staff 168341
then MI168341
then maybe CD168341
who knows, after I retire from my day job, maybe even IE168341

considering it costs nearly $14,000 US to become a Course Director, I'll most likely stop at MI.:rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom