Jessica Alba does deco diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakewinni

Reaction score
I just watched Into the Deep and I was noticing on the speacil features how they were talking about how the actors how to stay down for extended periods of time. They also mentioned something about decompression and then showed Jessica Alba and someone else being directed up a line. Kinda like they might have been doing deco stops? So hmmmm... Also I noticed in the movie they had gavin scooters with halycon wings, and tons of danglies lol way to kill the DIR trend they had going there. o well.

If they get only half of the technical aspects correct, then they are doing very well.

Besides, who the heck is looking at the dive gear? I was more interested in watching Jessica Alba and the way she moves, and looks, and..............:05:

worse part of the movie: when the dog was blocking a nice view of Jessica. MOVE DOG!!! :)

Actually...I thought the blond was cuter. But you never see a deco stop in the movie. The closest you get is when they are bringing the canon up and wait to see who is in the other boat.

I read an interview with her when she did this movie, and from memory, the only extra course she did was nitrox, so she could get better bottem time. She'd already learnt to dive while filming 'Flipper' a good few years ago (in Aust Ü ).

But I've got to agree with the other guys, I more or less forgot about the diving related aspects of the movie, what with Jessica being in that tiny little bikini so often.

Normally, stars are very limited in depth. Any diving even remotely considered deep is done by stunt doubles. This is usually an insurance requirement of the film. A stunt double gets bent and he's replaced, a star gets bent and it could hold up film production costing millions. I suspect she did not make staged decompression dives. I'd be surprised if she exceeded 20 feet.

Walter:
Normally, stars are very limited in depth. Any diving even remotely considered deep is done by stunt doubles. This is usually an insurance requirement of the film. A stunt double gets bent and he's replaced, a star gets bent and it could hold up film production costing millions. I suspect she did not make staged decompression dives. I'd be surprised if she exceeded 20 feet.

There was a shoot for a Penn & Teller tv special here last fall. Only Penn was in the water. Max depth was about 40ft, and they were quite limited at how long the "talent" would be allowed to stay down.

However some of the background shots didn't require Teller. Those of us comprising the underwater audience could be down there much longer.

Still, safety was a primary concern and it was a fun and safe shoot for all.

I think you mean Into The Blue. Yes, I too watched the special features and noticed they were doing deco diving quite advanced for a movie. They also said the water was a chilly 72 degrees (January in the Bahamas) if the divers stayed in longer than 20 minutes they could easily get hypothermia.

Not that deep where they were filming. In her interview she may have misspoken when she said deco, I think she was thinking safety stops.

I got a kick out her saying she's been diving since she was a kid, isn't she still a kid?

An extremely hot kid, but a kid right? :)

Back
Top Bottom