Other Quarries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was told today that Loch Lo Minn down I-75 in Tenn. now has changing rooms and porto-pots. That's a big plus. Also, I was told Philadelphia quarry in Tenn. has changing rooms and showers. This is awesome. I don't know about air fills though. Can anyone confirm this. What about Plum Run in Ohio. Is it out forever or is there still hope?

I suspect rock-throwing might be an issue at those places as well.

I am not sure of your exact question, but Rawlings Quarry commonly had people from all over the surrounding area. It has a pretty good fill place, not much of a shop, but as far as quarries go it is pretty good.

Tommy

No problem on the rock throwing. LOL... I'll just skip rocks at the Lake.

For the past few years, Rick and Stacy have provided a port-o-let at the waters edge in addition to the bath houses up the entrance which have toilets, showers, and large rinse sinks. They also have a new compressor this year that allows for more than one fill at a time (and they will pick up your tanks and bring them back to you near your table). They will fix you lunch with some notice. They now have a swimming pool and a hot tub for relaxing after your day diving and before you retire to your cabin you can rent for the night/weekend (or tent you pitched).
For all the amenities and the extreme hospitality offered, Loch Low Minn is one of the best dive sites in the area.

Wow, This sounds like the best quarry in Tennessee. Can't wait to go there. Unfortunetly we can't schedule anything till next year or we could bump a quarry out of the rotation this year. We may very well bump a Martha's quarry trip and have my instructors head to Loch Lo Minn. Thanks for the great info. Do you have anything on Philadelphia's. I'll be sure to let the other dive shops in the area know about Loch Lo Minn in Tenn.

Back
Top Bottom