Snorkle use

Snorle Use

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjundvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am just curious as to how many of you use or keep a snorkle attached to your mask at all times. I dive in monterey Ca and I don't keep a snorkle attached at all times due to kelp entangalment issues. Only using it if I have a very long surface swim or will be diving in a high current area. SO what do you do and why?

I do not take it, but I woud for a shore dive, swim. Also, I know divers who would never dive without a snorkel but they dive W/O Bc's or wetsuits (just the backpack cam) and consider it survival gear if they have to bob out there awhile.

I looked to see if there was a pole reguarding this but did not find it. Thanks

i think i have a snorkel somewhere in my storage space... i haven't seen it in a very long time...

What's a snorkel? :D I carry one in by bag, but haven't used it since about dive 10. I use a long hose and it doesn't deploy well with a snorkel. As for surface swims--I do mine on my back because I find it much easier and very relaxing. I also breath my air down pretty slowly so even if we have to get through a reef in larger surf I simply breath out of reg until I pass that area and then turn back onto my back. I think 2-3 of my buddies still wear one but that number is dropping steadily.

Some do and some don't it just comes down to personal preference as well as conditions.

I never attached snorkel on my mask, but I bring for necessary.

Might use 1 every other year or so on a manatee trip.

I have only once ever wanted a snorkel when I didn't have it, so even though I said I never use one now there are conditions I would carry one. I think I'd get a fold up design now however and keep it stowed.

Back
Top Bottom