Using a Zeagle Tech wing with a backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neonstingray

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've searched for this but can't find anything. I saw on the board here that the zeagle wings from their bc's can be used with their backplate. On my tech though, the bladder itself doesn't have grommets. It's attached to the bc with 2 big nylon straps much like the cam straps for a single tank. So if I wanted to dive a backplate with doubles, would I just attach the wing to the plate by running the two straps through the slots normally used for single tank cam straps? If so, how secure is this compared to the grommets? I'm not going to be diving doubles soon, I was just curious.

Thanks guys,
Austin

Camshaft it sounds like you have a older tech harness bladder. To answer your question yes you could run the straps through the cam holes on the BP and the bladder will be still be secure as it would be sandwiched between the BP and tanks. You can even get straps to hold in the wing's tips from the bladder to the BP.

You may find that the straps block the holes of the BP but this is not a problem as you can either put grommets into the straps OR just put the wing nuts under the straps.

According to a Zeagle rep I spoke to on a recent tradeshow, the Zeagle wings come in two versions... BP and regular BC. So I doubt that they will be interchangeable.

I used the wings from a "Scout" with a BP for a while. It had two bands with tri-glides that I was able to get into the independant doubles slots, but you can put grommets
anywhere you want.

Ok, thanks for the responses guys.

Austin

You could always PM Scott Zeagle or Chad Carney and get your answer straight from the source. They are both on here regularly and always very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom