Just Renewed My DAN Membership & Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
:14: No big deal, I know - but after the recent SSS attacks on this fine organization, I took special joy is doing so. :D

Checked the optional box to throw in the extra $5 for their Endowment program, and another box to automatically renew me this time next year. :thumb:

action-smiley-046.gif

I didn't really pay attention to the attacks, but DAN is something I really have looked into getting. Care to give some info about it? I mean I know the basic, but why do you really like it?

mcclete22:
I didn't really pay attention to the attacks, but DAN is something I really have looked into getting. Care to give some info about it? I mean I know the basic, but why do you really like it?
:11: Whoa! You're diving without current dive insurance? Well, you didn't put your location in your profile, so you might be Canadian diving in local waters only.

But even if you are, sign up for dive insurance from one of the providers before you ever dive in US waters or anywhere else. You can obtain it from one of the other companies and still call DAN as that's free. I just prefer to support this fine organization. :wink:

so did i and the 5 dollars too

yeah, i just renewed DAN in January

i am hoping that my faith in them is justified and that they can
fix this problem with SSS sooner rather than later (come on, guys,
you're both businesses... sit down, talk it over, write a check, move on.
your customers are suffering)

I've had DAN Insurance for the past 6 years. This year rather than renewing I'll be getting NAUI's Dive and Travel Insurance. Looks like excellent coverage at a lower price!! Somehow I trust NAUI more than I do DAN!!

Tavi:
I've had DAN Insurance for the past 6 years. This year rather than renewing I'll be getting NAUI's Dive and Travel Insurance. Looks like excellent coverage at a lower price!! Somehow I trust NAUI more than I do DAN!!

I'm leaning that way also. And it is primary insurance rather than secondary. Plus the cost would allow you to maintain DAN membership to continue to support DAN's non-profit activities and still save money. I like DAN, but the more I look around the more I am confused by their for-profit insurance comnpany.

awap:
I'm leaning that way also. And it is primary insurance rather than secondary. Plus the cost would allow you to maintain DAN membership to continue to support DAN's non-profit activities and still save money. I like DAN, but the more I look around the more I am confused by their for-profit insurance comnpany.
DAN would insure divers when noone else would, I believe, but that's a good approach. Insure elsewhere, but continue to support DAN thru membership. :wink:

Tavi:

Me too! I have had DAN for 7 years and will go with NAUI when it is time to renew and I will NOT continue my membership with DAN. They have been playing fast and loose with the $$ coming in to justify my continued support.

okay, who wants popcorn?

Back
Top Bottom