Dry glove air tubes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Curious what people use in their wrist seals to balance air between dry suit and gloves.

Tried dry gloves for the first time yesterday. Love them already. I can feel the buttons on the camera and push only one at a time. Will now only carry wet gloves as backup - to be left in the car never to be used with any kind of luck at all:D .

However when I was looking around the house to figure out what to use for vents under the wrist seal I came up with a solution that seems to me to be pretty good, and one I have not seen before, so I thought I would share, and see what better ones there are out there.

Took a telephone cable - the silver flat soft kind - cut two inches, removed the four wires and voila - a vent that cannot be collapsed, is flat, soft and most importantly free. I can cut up a dozen or so in a few minutes and now they live in my kit. Was worried that there would not be enough air flow, but under extensive testing in the field (two dives:wink: ) the air flow is no problem.

Darnold9999:
Curious what people use in their wrist seals to balance air between dry suit and gloves.

Tried dry gloves for the first time yesterday. Love them already. I can feel the buttons on the camera and push only one at a time. Will now only carry wet gloves as backup - to be left in the car never to be used with any kind of luck at all:D .

However when I was looking around the house to figure out what to use for vents under the wrist seal I came up with a solution that seems to me to be pretty good, and one I have not seen before, so I thought I would share, and see what better ones there are out there.

Took a telephone cable - the silver flat soft kind - cut two inches, removed the four wires and voila - a vent that cannot be collapsed, is flat, soft and most importantly free. I can cut up a dozen or so in a few minutes and now they live in my kit. Was worried that there would not be enough air flow, but under extensive testing in the field (two dives:wink: ) the air flow is no problem.

I picked up 24 feet of air tubing from the aquarium section of my local Wal Mart for $1.59. You can make a lifetime supply of wrist seal vents out of that by cutting it up into 3" segments. The tubing is soft enough to be comfortable, but firm enough not to collapse under the tension of the wrist seal ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Coffee stirrers...

A pair of thin socks if it's warm enough, I only use the top parts and cut the feet off then put thumb holes in them. they alow just enough air to transfer. If it's really cold I use a polyPro glove liner.

Cave line. So far I've avoided lift bag hands.

---
Ken

I just keep the thumb loops from my underwear over my thumb. If the glove springs a leak, which often happens with us, there is very little water transfer unlike straw like material.

Gary D.

I don't use anything. The squeese doesn't bother my hands. Besides, if a glove fails, I don't need water entering my suit, even if its a small amount. If I wanted that I wouldn't have replaced my kinda sorta dry suit.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom