Who's the oldest diver on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florabama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just turned the big 5-0 in February, and I am starting to feel my age especially in terms of my flexibility. This is giving me pause in that I fear I may not be able to dive into my 60s.

Any sexagenarians on the board (no that's not a dirty old man although you could be a sexagenarian and be a dirty old man too:D )?

me... i'm 213 .... dives old

:wink:

Take heart, Florabama. I'm 63 and still diving strong. My local YMCA, my bike, and my wife keep me fine tuned. You've got to exercise!!!! and as long as everything else stays together, exercise will keep you flexible and give your cardio and breathing endurance. I always have dive trips in the future; that's my carrot that keeps pushing me.

Uncle Pug? :D

52 here.

A friend of mine is 70 and still diving and teaching diving. Another is 64 or 65 and still diving and teaching tech diving.
Exercise, Florabama, to help those aging tendons!

59 and still an actrive PSD.

Something just dawned on me. In less than three years I will be the same age as the year I started diving, 62. :D

Gary D.

I just turned 50 on monday.Ahhhhhh I don't exercise very much except walking through airports. Just got my AOW 2 weeks ago after diving for 21 years. I feel fine and have no flexabilty problems. Actually had a valve replaced in my heart 3/18/04 and was diving in Aruba 4 months later. I better be able to dive for 10 or more years. I keep buying new stuff!!!

I just returned from Puerto Galera in the Philippines. There was a 76 year old diver there who was just getting over a hip replacement. He was limping a bit but was diving 3 times a day. Now I'm just about 47 and I just hope I can be as good as this guy is when I'm 60...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom