Your Best Scuba Antique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I think most divers are Pack Rats by nature. I was cleaning out a dusty gear closet in the garage and rediscovered a lot of antique stuff. My best oldies but goodies.... a swimaster knife and dacor dart regulator circa 1963 (a gift from my dad, never have been in the water), an Aquatech Vanguard NoDecompression Monitor (bet you've never seen one), and twin Nikonos III cameras with a 15mm nikor lens circa 1983.

So, pack rats, what is your favorite ancient scuba gear?

---Bob

A couple of Dacor Darts, a doublehose Voit 50 Fathom regulator, a US Diver DA Aquamaster doublehose an an oval dive mask I have been diving since 1967. Plus some really sinister spearguns.

Just myself. All the other stuff is gone so I don't try to use it.:monkeydan

Perhaps the Calypsophot camera or the Snark single hose regulator or the Schulke adaptor (a housing for a 13mm Nikon lens that permits its use, underwater, on a Nikonos), I don't know. Now you've done it ... I have to run out there and stroke all that old err ... stuff! Precious, preciousss, preciousssss.

1968 Voit Titan II J regulator ....... this regulator was made rock solid ..... this regulator passed the U. S. Navy standards ..... had it rebuilt 2 years ago and it still breaths great.... wish I still had my double steel white Voit tanks and that blue wetsuit ....... classic all of them

My steel 72, oval mask, my USD Mistral, all owned since a child, all still work better than ever. Or, the Royal Aqua Master purchased from a fellow who never used it and it had rested in his sock drawer for 35 years. Nothing equals it, old or new, rock solid performance and superb reliability and rebuilt recently with all new Titan/Conshelf parts ready for another 35 years, this time where it belongs, in the sea. You can call an old Camero SS an antique until that V8 shoves you back in the seat, same with the Royal Aqua Master, "antique" that is just a word. N

I have a wrist mount Dacor depth guage I bought new when I started in '78. One of my Nikonos II's that I still use I bought about the same time. I've also been diving double hose regs with in the last two years. I own four and each one is interesting in its own right. My favorite though, is my DA Aquamaster(Pico address). My 63-66 vintage Heathways double hose is a smoothie to, but can't keep up to the DA.

Jim

Still have my old four digit serial number SOS decomp meter. Used it for many years of serious tech dives, so no bend-o-meter remarks, please. Many good memories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom