Baby Shampoo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimAZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Another thread about regretted puchases made me think of all the little items available at the LDS that do nearly as good a job as baby shampoo for only several times the cost. (Wetsuit/drysuit slide, wetsuit shampoo, de-fog, leak finder, etc.)

Any other uses?

Other products to replace with cheaper solutions?

spit is free. I like it for defog, it doesn't burn my eyes or fill my mask with giant bubbles!

I can put my own talc in a stocking for way cheaper! And the d/s slips on just as well thank you.

... as is Dawn dishwashing soap...
One of my O2 mask "care & feeding" sheets advises against using dish detergent for cleaning the silicone, they even mention Dawn by name.
The next time I get my hands on a junk mask I'll have to do some testing to see if there's anything significant behind it.

I made a foam tank rack (2 tank) using a pool noodle and nylon rope. Total cost...$2.69 (including tax).

I use Johnson & Johnson No Tears Baby shampoo as my antifog, it also leaves a nice smell in my mask. Apply undiluted to mask , rise it off before the dive. Toothpaste is known to work too.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom