DAN or PADI Endorsed Diver Protection Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wick

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a recent certified diver and plan on continuing my dive education and making a few trips a year. Will be going to North Carolina in July and Bonaire in November. I assume I should sign up for some sort of insurance. Which is the best of the 2 to get?

DAN is cheaper and it's coverage is higher than PADI's. Plus with DAN you get the DAN hotline and their expertise.
Compare the prices, benefits, and coverage limitations.

AquaHump:
PADI gives you more for your buck

How do you figure? It's pretty easy to throw out generic statements without any facts to back it up. Besides, if they did, it would be the first time Padi gave you more for your buck.....LOL.

scubamickey:
DAN is cheaper and it's coverage is higher than PADI's. Plus with DAN you get the DAN hotline and their expertise.
Compare the prices, benefits, and coverage limitations.

This is more in line with what I have found to be true....besides, how can anybody give you a better bang for your buck than the DAN hotline????

DEPP is very easy to work with on initially tallying up your gear and also for adding new items.

Firefyter:
How do you figure? It's pretty easy to throw out generic statements without any facts to back it up. Besides, if they did, it would be the first time Padi gave you more for your buck.....LOL.

That is what I found when I looked at it go look

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom