Diver dies in NY...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Sad news,
Quoted from Albany newspaper, I believe...

Dive teams recover Watervliet man's body

HAGUE - State Police recovered the body of a Watervliet man who drowned Sunday afternoon while practicing scuba diving in Lake George.

State Police said Timothy M. Larvia, 26, of Watervliet, was scuba diving with Robert D. Crowley, 31, of Cohoes, on Sunday afternoon when he began to have trouble.

As the two men reached a depth of 150 feet, Larvia began to experience nitrogen narcosis and became distressed, police said. The condition, often experienced by deep-sea divers, makes the person think less clearly and diminishes the ability to function effectively.

"Larvia became distressed and began exhibiting signs of extreme panic," said Trooper David Malone.
Police said Crowley tried to help Larvia, attempting to grab him and resurface, but Larvia resisted.
Once Crowley reached the surface without Larvia, a passing boater stopped to assist him. The boater dialed 911 on his cell phone and the State Police sent a patrol boat to help. Dive teams from the Ticonderoga, Lake George and Horican fire departments searched the waters on Sunday and Monday, when Larvia's body was finally found.

First,
I apologize if the above information offended anyone. In an effort to correct any insensativity that I may have exhibited in this topic - I will attempt to edit this thread.

My message to all diving friends and relatives - please dive safely, have fun, and do not exceed your level of training. Stay within your bounds of experience, and seek instruction for any tech or advanced diving.

You can always return another day for that deeper dive.

I know - I have been TRYINg to find it and edit it and make it politicaly correct...hopefully it was deleted.

Scuba446 once bubbled...
My message to all diving friends and relatives...have fun, and do exceed your level of training.

This makes me laugh... :giggle:

I know you meant do not but man are you having some bad voodoo visiting you lately...please edit this so I can stop laughing...

and I took the liberty to edit it for him.

Back
Top Bottom